A shooting at the Islamic Centre of San Diego in California left five people dead on Monday, including two teenage suspects who were later found dead from what police believe were self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
According to Reuters, the two gunmen opened fire outside the mosque complex shortly before noon local time, killing three men, including a security guard, before the incident came to an end.
Scott Wahl said all children attending a day school within the mosque complex were safely accounted for following the attack.
Authorities said the Islamic Centre is the largest mosque complex in San Diego County.
Law enforcement officers responding to the scene discovered the bodies of the three victims outside the building. Police said the security guard’s actions may have helped prevent additional casualties during the attack.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has joined the investigation, with officials treating the incident as a possible hate crime.
Speaking at the White House, Donald Trump described the shooting as “a terrible situation” and said he had been briefed on early developments.
Authorities have not yet publicly identified the suspects or disclosed a possible motive, while investigations remain ongoing.
The incident has renewed concerns around attacks targeting religious institutions and rising hate-related violence in the United States.



